Emergency Room Mistakes
One emergency should never lead into another. Common emergency room mistakes include:
- Misdiagnoses of problem
- Delay in treatment
- Refusal to treat
- Mistakes during the intake process or triage
- Administering the wrong medications
- Failing to accurately diagnosis the problem
- Discharging the patient too soon
- Unsanitary conditions
- Inadequate training
- Treating patients differently because of insurance (lack thereof)
NO FEE UNLESS RECOVERY
Free Consult | 412.802.6666
Emergency Room errors and mistakes can happen for a variety of Reasons. Emergency Rooms are stressful environments that require immediate and skillful medical decisions. We are thankful to have emergency rooms and emergency physicians available when they are needed. Unfortunately, many emergency rooms are understaffed, and are not adequately able to handle the patient load.
If a patient is visiting an emergency room, then there should be a sense of urgency to their care. The reality is that most patients end up waiting significant time periods after entering the emergency room before they actually see a physician. This delay period can sometimes aggravate an existing condition, and certain patients suffer severe or additional harm or even death because they were not examined by a physician in a timely manner. Had these patients been properly treated immediatley upon their admission to the emergency room, their ultimate injuries may not have occurred.
One of the first steps at the emergency room is the triage assessment. This is where hospital personnel, most often nurses will triage (or assess) a patients condition to determine if immediate treatment is needed or not.
We have experience handling emergency room lawsuits where mistakes were made in the initial triage that caused our clients greater harm. If you or a loved one believes your condition was aggravated because of improper treatment at an emergency room, let us and our physicians review your case for free (412.802.6666).
The Advantage of Having Physicians on Retainer:
FLAHERTY FARDO, LLC has a distinct advantage over many other law firms by having immediate and unfettered access to board certified physicians to review medical malpractice cases involving emergency room mistakes and errors. Our law firm is proud to have both Dr. Barbara Fardo, D.O. and Dr. Dean Fardo, on retainer to fully evaluate our emergency room cases. Both Dr. Fardo’s are board certified and in active medical practice.
Pennsylvania Requires ‘The Certificate of Merit’:
In 2003, the Pennsylvania State Supreme Court approved a new rule requiring attorneys to obtain a “certificate of merit” from a medical professional establishing that the medical work in the case fell outside acceptable standards. This includes cases involving emergency room mistakes and errors. A lawyer failing to obtain the certificate cannot bring a case to trial. Public opinion and political pressure have left severely injured victims to face cynical juries. Therefore, it is imperative that medical malpractice claims involving emergency room mistakes are investigated by competent attorneys who have immediate access to a variety of physicians for review.
No Fee Unless Recovery is Made | Free Consultation | 412.802.6666
Our representation for emergency room mistakes cases is based on a contingent fee structure. There is absolutely no fee unless we obtain recovery for you. We advance 100% the costs, including experts, filings, and depositions and are only reimbursed from the client’s share if we are successful. If we represent you or a loved one in a case involving emergency room mistakes or errors, you can rest assured that we cannot make money unless we obtain monetary recovery for you or our client.
Our Pittsburgh law firm advances large sums of money with zero risk to our injured clients. If you are injured, we will make any necessary accommodations to offer you the most convenient consultation possible. Whether you are at home or in a hospital, we will listen to the situation which caused your injury.
Read our Medical Malpractice Articles:
- Attorney Bill Rogel Repeats as Super-Lawyer Rising Star for 2013.
- The 3 keys to overcoming the medical malpractice bias in Pittsburgh.
- Handling the Botched Breast Augmentation Case
- Fardo Interviewed by USA Today About Non-Qualified Doctors Attempting Plastic Surgery.
- How Much is My Pennsylvania Personal Injury Case Worth?
- Attorney Noah Fardo Recognized by Elite Lawyers of America.
- 3 Steps to Finding the Best Pittsburgh Medical Malpractice Lawyer.
- How to prepare for your Medical Malpractice Deposition.
- What is the Pennsylvania ‘Certificate of Merit’?
- Six-Figure Settlement for Victim of Awake Breast Augmentation
- Botched Plastic Surgery involving Breast Reduction Settles for over a Million Dollars.
- Money does help families recover after serious injuries.
- Awful Plastic Surgery? Free Case Evaluation.
- Our Unique Plastic Surgeon/Lawyer Team.
- What is Pennsylvania Medical Malpractice?
Pennsylvania Medical Malpractice Table of Contents:
- Wrongful Death Lawsuits
- Plastic Surgery Errors
- Bad Breast Augmentations
- Our Lawyer/Plastic Surgeon Team
- Surgical Errors & Mistakes
- OB/GYN Mistakes
- Anesthesia Errors
- Emergency Room Mistakes
- Failure to Diagnose
- Lack of Informed Consent
There is absolutely no fee or cost for any of our free initial personal consultations. Consultations can be done in person, on-line or via telephone at 412.802.6666 or toll free at 1.877.744.3476.