Nursing Home Abuse
We are Pittsburgh Nursing Home Abuse Attorneys Protecting the Elderly of western Pennsylvania. Any of the following types of Elder abuse and neglect might result in a lawsuit:
- Unexplained bruises, cuts, burns, sprains, or fractures
- Unexplained infection or bleeding
- Sudden changes in behavior
- Staff not allowing resident to be alone with visitor
- Over-medication or medication errors
- Loss of resident’s possessions
- Sudden large withdrawals from bank accounts or changes in banking
NO FEES WITHOUT RECOVERY | Free Consult | 412.802.6666
Pennsylvania Nursing Home Abuse Attorneys:
Nursing home abuse and elder neglect can take many forms. Although federal and state laws generally require that nursing homes develop a responsible plan of care and employ enough staff to provide quality care in all areas of the care plan, they often fall short. As a result, residents are not taken care of the way they should be and unfortunately, some elderly are still abused in hospitals and skilled nursing facilities.
Nursing home abuse and elder neglect can fall into the categories of:
- mental / emotional abuse (for example, depression, withdrawal, behavioral change, disorientation, confusion)
- physical abuse (such as wounds, burns, bruises, welts, broken bones, inexplicable weight loss, dehydration, unexplained injuries)
- financial abuse (e.g., stolen money or property) Most states define neglect in a nursing home setting as the failure to provide residents with services that are essential to health and safety, such as sufficient food, shelter, clothing, supervision, and medical care.
Allegheny County, PA Has a High Number of Elderly That Need Protected:
In our region of Southwestern Pennsylvania, the 85-and-older age group has reached a record high of more than 50,000, a 41 percent increase since the beginning of the decade. Our Pittsburgh law firm is committed to protecting the elderly of Western Pennsylvania. When we prosecute these cases, we demand justice for the elderly, and work hard to maximize recover for both the elderly and their family.
No Fee Unless Recovery is Made | Free Consult | 412.802.6666
Our representation for nursing home abuse and elder neglect cases is based on a contingent fee structure. There is absolutely no fee unless we obtain recovery for you. We advance 100% the costs, including experts, filings, and depositions and are only reimbursed from the client’s share if we are successful. If we represent you or a loved one in a nursing home and elder neglect case, you can rest assured that we cannot make money unless we obtain monetary recovery for you or your loved one.
Read our Latest Personal Injury Articles:
- Handling the Botched Breast Augmentation Case
- Attorney Bill Rogel Named By SuperLawyers as Rising Star
- How Much is My Pennsylvania Personal Injury Case Worth?
- Attorney Noah Fardo Recognized by Elite Lawyers of America.
- 3 Steps to Finding the Best Pittsburgh Medical Malpractice Lawyer.
- How to prepare for your Medical Malpractice Deposition.
- What is the Pennsylvania ‘Certificate of Merit’?
- Top 10 Questions to Ask Before Hiring Your Pennsylvania Personal Injury Attorney.
- Six-Figure Settlement for Victim of Awake Breast Augmentation
- Botched Plastic Surgery involving Breast Reduction Settles for over a Million Dollars.
- Money does help families recover after serious injuries.
- What to do after a ‘slip & fall’ accident in Pennsylvania?
- Awful Plastic Surgery? Free Case Evaluation.
- Our Unique Plastic Surgeon/Lawyer Team.
- What to do after a Pennsylvania Car Accident.
- Multi-Million Dollar Recovery for Victim of Truck Accident.
- Texting while Trucking Banned
Pennsylvania Personal Injury Table of Contents:
- Pennsylvania Wrongful Death
- PA Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Pittsburgh Car Accidents
- Pennsylvania Truck Accidents
- Pittsburgh Bus Accidents
- Pennsylvania Medical Malpractice
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Elderly Neglect
- Birth Injuries
- Workplace & Employment Injuries
- Industrial & Construction Accidents
- Slip & Fall Accidents
- Dog Bite Injuries
There is absolutely no fee or cost for any of our initial free consultations. Consultations can be done in person, on-line or via telephone at 412.802.6666, toll free at 1.877.744.3476.