Shawn T. Flaherty, Esq.
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- office: 412.802.6666
- direct dial: 412.802.8366
Shawn Flaherty is the founding partner of the Pittsburgh law firm Flaherty Fardo, LLC. He has over 25 years of experience in litigating cases in both the state and federal courts in Pennsylvania.
He has an extensive business and political background.
Mr. Flaherty is the son of the late Mayor Pete Flaherty and a life long resident of Allegheny County.
Shawn is a 1982 graduate of Carnegie Mellon University and a 1985 graduate of Duquesne Law School.
In 2006, Shawn served the 30th District of Western Pennsylvania at the Pennsylvania State House of Representatives, where he advocated strongly for property tax reform, and focusing on tax cuts for small businesses and individuals.
He has served on both the Allegheny County Library Board and the Pittsburgh Economic Development Board.
He has represented and successfully settled numerous high profile litigation cases in western Pennsylvania including the successful Rankin police brutality suit and potential suits against the NFL. He has extensive experience in both personal injury and commercial litigation.
In addition to litigation, Shawn spends considerable time advising his current business clients. He believes that it makes business and financial sense to keep his clients out of litigation, if at all possible.
He remains active and committed to his local and political community and to the city of Pittsburgh. He resides in Fox Chapel, and his interests include golf, skiing and politics.
IN THE NEWS:
- Flaherty Tells NFL Commissioner Goodell, “Be Fair With The Fans”.
- Flaherty settles suit with City of Pittsburgh over scanners
- Flaherty Endorsed by Post-Gazette for State House
- Flaherty Sworn in as PA State Representative
- Flaherty’s Name Surfaces in Pennsylvania Lt. Governor’s Race
- Flaherty Represents Olympic Hopeful in Brutality Suit Against Police
- Attorney Flaherty Teaches US Airways Lesson in Manners
- Attorney Shawn Flaherty Presides Over High Profile Coroner’s Inquest